The XACT Sensing, LLC, “MFT” Mud Flow Transmitter is an innovative vane-type (paddle) meter that measures mud flow through the drilling mud inflow or outflow pipe. It mounts on the inflow or outflow line with the vane immersed into the mud flow.
What makes the XACT Sensing MFM unique and beneficial is the use of a cam that varies in distance from a fixed non-contact measurement sensor as the paddle is displaced by the variable mud flow. The gap variation between sensor and cam is measured electronically, linearized and calibrated for mud flow rate or velocity. The velocity is communicated by a 4-20mA signal proportional to flow rate.
- MFT Mud Flow Transmitter allows inline flow measurement of drilling mud, slurry, cement and completion fluids at the inflow or outflow points of the trip tank
- Can be installed directly in trip tanks, ditches, mud and slurry mixers
- Mounted in pipe flange; interchangeable with MD Totco flow meter
- Low power integrated gap sensor with integrated display can be installed in hazardous locations
- SS316 construction for rugged, high shock and vibration applications
- Optional display and wireless transmitter for remote measurements and calibration in a safe area
- 2 Wire, 4-20mA output signal
- Pending certification to ATEX EEx ia IIC T4/T6, UL and CSA are pending approval for Class 1, Division 1, Groups A-D for Intrinsic Safety