The XACTSensing, LLC “DNM-MUD” is a Remote Seal Differential Pressure Transmitter designed for real time density measurement of process media. The 316 SST design provides excellent corrosion resistance. The probe is fully submersible in aggressive and turbulent mud mixtures. An optional temperature sensor can be provided to dynamically compensate for temperature error and calibrate density based on temperature, significantly reducing the errors associated with temperature gradients typical of hydraulic pressure transmission systems.
The 4-20mA output signal can be implemented with a HART serial communications interface for simple remote calibration and setup, solving the problem of online configuration in a working hazardous location.
- DNM Mud Density probe allows real-time measurement of specific gravity / density of drilling mud, slurry, cement and completion fluids
- Can be installed directly in trip tanks, ditches, mud and slurry mixers
- Top-of-tank or side-tank mounting by clamp or flange
- Low power integrated transmitter with integrated display can be installed in hazardous locations
- SS316 construction for rugged, high shock and vibration applications
- Optional stainless steel baffle protects sensor diaphragm and reduces turbulence and pulsation that can affect signal accuracy
- Dynamic temperature compensated measurement with low thermal sensitivity is optional
- LCD display and keypad allows manual calibration in a safe area
- 2 Wire, 4-20mA output signal can be remotely calibrated by serial HART communications in a Hazardous Area
- Certified to Ex ia IIC T4/T6 and Class 1, Division 1, Groups A-D for Intrinsic Safety and Flameproof / Explosion Proof by NEPSI; ATEX, UL and CSA are pending approval